Welcome

"Ever present, never twice the same.... Ever

changing, never less than whole...."

~Robert Irwin







Friday, September 24, 2010

Where do I start?!??!

So I've been writing in my head for quite a while now...thoughts and stories and dreams....

This is the first time I've attempted to blog (well outside of my head, that is..) so be patient with me... Hmmm..where to start?!?!  Well, I guess I will just jump in wherever....


A little background first... I learned to ride when I was 4, I rode off and on every summer when I went to my grandparents farm on the eastcoast. I lived in California most of my life, until 1995. November 4, 1995, I "planted roots" on the East coast. At that time I met and acquired my first "once in a lifetime" horse, Kasey Lee, a wonderful OTTB that was my heart horse (his story later). 
My Beloved Kasey Lee
 When I lost Kasey in December,1999, I had Gayla Girl, an off track arabian, that I bonded with and loved dearly (she belonged to my aunt).  We lost Gayla in October, 2003, I then went on a horsey hiatus until October, 2007.  To this day I still miss Kasey (he was THE BEST).  
and Gorgeous Gayla Girl

Throughout this time I missed having a horse and ached for another one, and at the same time I wasn't "ready"... (yes, I'm afflicted with the "horse gene," you're either born with it or you're not).  I married my husband in 2005, shortly after we purchased our "farm"... 16.38 acres of paradise for me, but not ready or equipped for horses.  In 2007, my horse-sickness became unbearable and I jumped back into "horse-dom" with Kopper Top, my little bay Arabian gelding (his story is also later). I "boarded" him at my grandparents for about 8 months, enough time to clear more of my "wilderness" and put up some fencing; in September, 2008, I brought him over to my property/farm, which I have named Unicorn Dreams (I have an affinity for unicorns).

  

No comments:

Post a Comment