Welcome

"Ever present, never twice the same.... Ever

changing, never less than whole...."

~Robert Irwin







Wednesday, June 29, 2011

v  In our lives, we may be lucky enough to know someone whose love extends to animals and plants………. At lease to some extent, these people have realized the interdependent nature of life. (pp. 118-119)

I am gathering together the food for the horses. Kopper is in the dry lot by himself, as soon as he sees me he let’s out his usual high pitched whinny of greeting, I look over to him and tell him good morning.  I think of how he has been “off” lately and my suspicions of it being degenerative suspensory ligament disease (dsld), I am researching doctors to have ultra-sounds performed.  I go into story in my mind of the “horrors” of dsld. My gut clenches, there is a tightening around my eyes, I am looking down, and my hands are gripping the feed buckets.  Kopper whinnies again, to my hearing, with a little more impatience in his tone.  I look up at him and smile.  I think to myself how beautiful he is and how spunky his presence is in my life.  I physically whip shake my head and remind myself to reverse the negative energy I was releasing and create a new story for him to live into, after all, at this point, it is all story.  He is love.  The grip on my gut starts to unroll, and my touch softens as I give him his breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment