Welcome

"Ever present, never twice the same.... Ever

changing, never less than whole...."

~Robert Irwin







Wednesday, June 15, 2011

v  Practice mindful breathing in order to come back to what is happening in the present moment. (p. 128)
I am on a moonlit horseback ride with my partner, Lightning Bug.  This is the first night time ride for Lightning and I.  I think of my last moonlit ride, with his herdmate, Kopper Top.  Kopper has not been sound for riding lately and I notice melancholy settling into me.  I have a restless feeling in my core as if a whirlpool is swirling in my abdomen, my chest begins to tighten, and I notice I am gripping my reins.  Lightning’s head comes up high and his step begins to quicken, interspersed with a hop here and there.  I realize I have allowed myself to not be present with him and he is calling me to wake up.  I relax my shoulders and loosen the reins, I take in a deep breath thinking “I breathe in peace,” I exhale thinking, “I breathe out love.”  The swirling in my stomach slows, my chest expands, Lightning’s head lowers and he resumes a walk.  I stroke his neck and tell him thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment